For a fast wiring in the field, a confectionable male socket with screw clamp contacts was developed. This connector consists of a housing for screwing into a housing wall with a M20 x 1,5 thread and the actual M12 insert as male or female connector, in 4, 5, or 8 pole versions. This solution offers various advantages:
-Easy on-site wiring due to an established screw clamp technology
-The screw clamp contacts can take cross sections of up to 1,5 mm2 for 4 and 5 pole versions and up to 0,5 mm2 for 8 pole
- Screwable into a conventional M20 x 1,5 thread; alternatively, mounting in through-holes is possible with nuts
- Housing cut-outs with surfaces ensure securely locked mounting
- Degree of protection in mounted and interlocked/ inserted state: IP67
- Same screw mounting housing for different contacts, which means that contact inserts are exchangeable
- Lateral screws for contacting are protected by an inner insulation sleeve against touching of the screw mounting housing in order
to prevent short circuits
- Direction of the angled cable outlet can be considered in 4 x 90° steps during the assembly
- Moveable M12 locking collar also allows locking of counterpiece with fixed thread
In various applications, mounting the connectors happens after the wiring. This means that the cable or the single wires already have been connected to the device and stick out of the front panel. The connector adapter is then either fixed to the housing with the aid of a hexnut or screwed directly into the M20 x 1,5 thread. Afterwards, the single wires are clamped into the contacts of the connector and the insert is screwed to the adapter. The 4 and 5 pole connector head can be positioned in 4 x 90° steps and fixed afterwards. That way, it is possible to pre-define the direction of the angled cable outlet.
But even when different cables and wires are connected, the screw clamp contacts allow easy mounting out in the field. Due to the maximum cross section of 1,5 mm2, currents of up to 8 A can be transmitted with the 4 and 5 pole versions.
With that, these panel mount connectors can also be used for A-coded power versions.